Ozone is an activated form of oxygen.
The following is a list of benefits we have observed in our practice since using ozone in our patient care:
- decreased complication after surgery (of all types):
- less pain
- less infection
- improved and faster healing after surgery (of all types)
- decreased need for pain and antibiotic medication
- decreased discomfort in teeth after fillings, crowns and bridges
- decrease of invasive dental treatment:
- less drilling on teeth by treating decay with oxygen ozone
- decreased need for root canals because of more successful direct pulp caps
- decreased need for root canals by treating advanced decay with oxygen-ozone
instead of removing it.
- decreased need for more advanced and invasive periodontal therapy
- improved patient satisfaction from all of the above
When do we use ozone in our practice
Fillings, crowns and bridges: Ozonated water and oxygen ozone gas is applied to tooth before placing the filling, crown or bridge. This disinfects the tooth and creates a stronger bond between the tooth and the filling, crown or bridge.
Tooth extractions-removal and other surgery: Ozonated water and oxygen-ozone gas applied inside socket ti minimize microbes and promote healing.
Periodontal therapy and prevention: Ozonated oil, ozonated water and oxygen-ozone gas are used to minimize microbial infection around the teeth and in the gums
Biological root canal therapy: Ozonated water is used to irrigate the root canals and oxygen-ozone gas is used to fumigate the root canal chamber.
For more information on other health benefits of oxygen-ozone therapy, click on the following: